The main purpose of the World Family Summit +2 was to continue the work initiated in Sanya, China in 2004, and to continue and evaluate the results from the WFS +1 held in Aracaju, Brazil, including the impact of the Plan of Action.
Besides that, the WFS +2 aimed at promoting the Family’s contribution to the implementation of the Millennium Development Goals following a multi-stakeholder approach, with the following objectives:
• To place family issues in definitive in the International Agenda.
• To increase awareness of family issues among National Governments, Local Authorities, NGOs and CSOs, Parliamentarians, Academia, Private Sector and Families.
• To strengthen the capacity of National and Local Institutions to identify, discuss, formulate, implement and monitor family-related policies.
• To enhance the effectiveness of local, national and regional efforts to carry out specifics family related programmes, generate new activities and strengthen existing ones.
• To stimulate public-private partnerships to respond to problems resulting of globalization, affecting and affected by, the situation of families.
• To improve collaboration among all actors of the Society, local, national and international organizations in support of families.
• To determine the appropriate means to implement concrete actions.
Click below to download the Dead Sea Declaration: